When shipping cargo via airfreight, one of the main concerns is, to ensure a “safe handling and transport of Dangerous Goods”.
Safety is your responsibility, but do you know the appropriate precautions you have to take?
Do you know how to prepare and pack the dangerous cargo properly?
What kind of markings, labels and documents are needed?
Discover now all the rules and regulations through this IATA approved DGR Initial training !
Once you have successfully completed this training and examination, you will be able to understand the regulations published in the IATA DGR manual and use them in your daily practice.
As a shipper, you will be able to :
- Identify the hazard type
- Understand the limitations of quantities accepted for air shipments
- Define if a shipment should be carried on board of a passenger flight or on a full cargo aircraft.
- Use appropriate packing and apply correct markings & labeling on your packages
- Establish the correct documentation to accompany the shipment
- Handle & store the goods in a safe way.
- Find your way and receive the proper contacts/addresses of companies/authorities who set the standards for shipping dangerous goods by air.
In addition, as a Freight Forwarder and/or airline/ground handling agent, you will be able to :
- Verify, to the extent possible, that the consignment of dangerous goods complies with the requirements of these Dangerous Goods Regulations
Through this training, you will have obtained all skills, relative to dangerous goods, which you need in your daily job !
An IATA Certificate is awarded after successful completion of the course and the final examination.
- Shippers, packers
- Warehouse management companies,
- Freight forwarders, cargo agents, consolidators,
- Handling agents & airline cargo acceptance staff, cargo operations and ground handling staff
- Instructional designers and instructors of DGR
- All persons involved in the preparation, packing, handling, storage, shipping, inspection and acceptance of dangerous goods
This training is the INITIAL DGR training and meets the training requirements for personnel listed in category 6 as per Table H.A.1.5.A of the IATA DGR.
Recurrent training has to be followed, within 24 months of previous training to ensure knowledge is current. (see our “DGR Refresher” Trainings)
Knowledge of the English language is a must. (all training material and examination are in English)
Important : to bring with you during the course :
Each participant has to bring the most recent version of the IATA Dangerous Regulations manual (=63rd Edition, valid from 01 Jan 2022 till 31 Dec 2022) to the course, as these Regulations will be used for all exercises and for the exam.
If you do not have this most recent manual in your office, then you can order this book via VdP. (price is 305,00 euro, excl. eventual delivery cost).
Kindly confirm your order by email to email@example.com if you would like to buy this manual. (orders should reach us no later then 14 working days before the training, in order to have them delivered on time!)