When shipping cargo via airfreight, one of the main concerns is, to ensure a “safe handling and transport of Dangerous Goods”.
Safety is your responsibility, and you have already successfully completed the Initial DGR course, but do you still know the appropriate precautions you have to take?
This refresher course does not only show you the latest amendments and directives, but also refreshes the legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labeling and documentation required for dangerous goods.
This training is mandatory to revalidate your 24-month IATA Certificate!
Once you have successfully completed this training and examination, you will be able to understand the regulations published in the current IATA DGR manual and use them in your daily practice.
In general, you will be able to :
- Understand and apply the recent updates of the IATA DGR.
- Fulfill the 24-month ICAO/IATA recurrent dangerous goods training requirement.
- Review and share practical aspects of dangerous goods handling with your classmates.
As a shipper, you will be able to :
- Identify the hazard type
- Understand the limitations of quantities accepted for air shipments
- Define if a shipment should be carried on board of a passenger flight or on a full cargo aircraft.
- Use appropriate packing and apply correct markings & labeling on your packages
- Establish the correct documentation to accompany the shipment
- Handle & store the goods in a safe way.
- Find your way and receive the proper contacts/addresses of companies/authorities who set the standards for shipping dangerous goods by air.
In addition, as a Freight Forwarder and/or airline/ground handling agent, you will be able to :
- Verify, to the extent possible, that the consignment of dangerous goods complies with the requirements of these Dangerous Goods Regulations
Through this training, you will have obtained all skills, relative to dangerous goods, which you need in your daily job !
An IATA Certificate is awarded after successful completion of the course and the final examination.
- Shippers, packers
- Warehouse management companies,
- Freight forwarders, cargo agents, consolidators,
- Handling agents & airline cargo acceptance staff, cargo operations and ground handling staff
- Instructional designers and instructors of DGR
- All persons involved in the preparation, packing, handling, storage, shipping, inspection and acceptance of dangerous goods
This training is the Recurrent DGR training (as per DG Ref.184.108.40.206) and meets the training requirements for personnel listed in category 6 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR.
Recurrent training has to be followed, within 24 months of previous training to ensure knowledge is current.
Knowledge of the English language is a must. (the course will be given in Dutch/French, but the IATA DGR manual is in English)
Important : to bring with you during the course :
Each participant has to bring the most recent version of the IATA Dangerous Regulations manual (=60th Edition, valid from 01Jan2019 till 31Dec2019) to the course, as these Regulations will be used for all exercises and for the exam.
If you do not have this most recent manual in your office, then you can order this book via VdP. In that case, the IATA DGR manual will be invoiced at cost. (price is 270,00 euro, including the delivery cost). Kindly confirm your order by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to buy this manual. (orders should reach us no later then 7 working days before the training, in order to have them delivered on time!)
Training data 2019 :
Session 1 : 05 to 08 February 2019
Session 2 : 05 to 08 March 2019
Session 3 : 02 to 05 April 2019
Session 4 : 14 to 17 May 2019
Session 5 : 25 to 28 June 2019
Session 6 : 10 to 13 Sept 2019
Session 7 : 07 to 10 Oct 2019
This training can be followed including/excluding Radioactive Material (RAM). (incl.= 0,5 day extra training). Extra cost when including RAM = 80€