When shipping cargo via airfreight, one of the main concerns is, to ensure a “safe handling and transport of Dangerous Goods”.
Safety is your responsibility, but do you know the appropriate precautions you have to take?
Do you know how to prepare and pack the dangerous cargo properly?
What kind of markings, labels and documents are needed?
Discover now all the rules and regulations through this IATA approved DGR Initial training !
Indeed : ensuring that undeclared dangerous goods do not get on board an aircraft is one of the key objectives!
Once you have successfully completed this training and examination, you will be able to understand the regulations published in the IATA DGR manual and use them in your daily practice.
As a shipper, you will be able to :
- Identify the hazard type
- Understand the limitations of quantities accepted for air shipments
- Define if a shipment should be carried on board of a passenger flight or on a full cargo aircraft.
- Use appropriate packing and apply correct markings & labeling on your packages
- Establish the correct documentation to accompany the shipment
- Handle & store the goods in a safe way.
- Find your way and receive the proper contacts/addresses of companies/authorities who set the standards for shipping dangerous goods by air.
In addition, as a Freight Forwarder and/or airline/ground handling agent, you will be able to :
- Verify, to the extent possible, that the consignment of dangerous goods complies with the requirements of these Dangerous Goods Regulations
Through this training, you will have obtained all skills, relative to dangerous goods, which you need in your daily job !
An IATA Certificate is awarded after successful completion of the course and the final examination.
- Shippers, packers
- Warehouse management companies,
- Freight forwarders, cargo agents, consolidators,
- Handling agents & airline cargo acceptance staff, cargo operations and ground handling staff
- Instructional designers and instructors of DGR
- All persons involved in the preparation, packing, handling, storage, shipping, inspection and acceptance of dangerous goods
This training is the INITIAL DGR training and meets the training requirements for personnel listed in category 6 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR.
Recurrent training has to be followed, within 24 months of previous training to ensure knowledge is current. (see our “DGR Refresher” Trainings)
Knowledge of the English language is a must. (the course will be given in Dutch, but the IATA DGR manual is in English)
Important : to bring with you during the course :
Each participant has to bring the most recent version of the IATA Dangerous Regulations manual (=60th Edition, valid from 01Jan2019 till 31Dec2019) to the course, as these Regulations will be used for all exercises and for the exam.
If you do not have this most recent manual in your office, then you can order this book via VdP. In that case, the IATA DGR manual will be invoiced at cost. (price is 270,00 euro, including the delivery cost). Kindly confirm your order by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to buy this manual. (orders should reach us no later then 7 working days before the training, in order to have them delivered on time!)
Training data in 2019 :
Session 1 : From 4 to 8 February (exam on 08 Feb)
Session 2 : From 4 to 8 March (exam on 8 March)
Session 3 : From 1 Apr to 5 Apr (exam on 05 Apr)
Session 4 : From 13 May to 17 May (exam on 17 May)
Session 5 : From 24 June to 28 June (exam on 28 June)
Session 6 : From 09 Sept to 13 Sept (exam on 13 Sept)
Session 7 : From 14 Oct to 18 Oct (exam on 18 Oct)
Would you like the course including/excluding Radioactive Material (RAM)? (=0,5 day extra training)
Training including RAM = 80€ extra cost